LASAGNA User Guide
Lasagna is a program (dance show) creation tool. Users can easily create their projects by importing avatars they dressed up in SecondLive and MMD files (which include motion, camera, and music data).
- 1.Upload / login: Use the Login button to access your account; use the Upload button to upload an MMD file to your SL account;
- 2.Save project / import project: For saving or opening local pc project configuration files;
- 3.Scene editing: Core functional area, used to configure roles, motions, cameras, scenes and music, or to import MMD files on the chain and configure a project with one click;
- 4.Preview: watch a video preview of the program you configured;
- 5.Export: export the project as an MMD file or as a video;
- 6.The viewfinder frame on the main screen shows the view of the camera.
Currently, only members of SecondLive’s Creators are entitled to this right. Other users can still access Lasagna, but instead of pulling customized avatars, they can only use one of the four preset avatar models. To become a Creator of SecondLive, click here
The process of pulling avatar information is as follows:
- Click on login and enter your secret key;
- After logging in, click on Scene Editing-Role Settings-Role, and you can see your avatar image in the drop-down menu. Each SecondLive account is allowed to create and save up to six avatar images. Select the role of your choice and click Confirm to import the image.
- If you want to import multiple characters, click the “+” icon in the right panel. To adjust the position and angle of each character, you can either click on it and drag the arrow or adjust the x/y/z axis.
1. Import Project Files
After successfully importing the avatar, you need to import the project file to set the avatar in motion. You can choose one of the following methods: use a Lasagna-specific MMD data package or download network MMD resources yourself.
- The suffix of the data package is .lmmd, a lasagna-specific file format. The package contains motions, shots, and music data of a program. Currently, only SL Creators can produce and share these packages.
- You need to purchase or obtain these packages via your SL account and mint them on the chain.
- Click Scene Editing—MMD Library; select the corresponding data package in the drop-down menu; click Download and Confirm; wait until the download is completed. You can preview your program configuration as a video.
- You can also make MMD packages from downloaded resources and share them with the SL community! For more details, see "Export Video/Data Package" at the end of the article.
- Resource types include motion files (.vmd), camera files (.vmd), and music files (.mp3 or .wav). All of these files are indispensable;
- Upload the corresponding files via the role settings, camera settings, and audio settings modules respectively. After uploading the camera file, you need to click Reset button to ensure that the camera is in the correct initial position;
- The current default background in the scene settings module is a grid background.
- In subsequent activities, we will provide a variety of stage backgrounds. In the future, we may also support our users in importing the space backgrounds they own on the chain.
After importing the avatar and program files, click Preview to see the video effect.
After confirming that the video effect is satisfactory, click Export, enter the file name, and select the export folder. Then you can export either a data package (data package export) or a video (video export).
- Click on Data Package Export;
- Fill in all copyright-related information on the copyright information page;
- For resources downloaded from the Internet, you must fill in the original creators of the motion and camera resources in the “Motion Editing” and "Camera Editing” bars;
- Select "I have read and agreed to the Terms of Service" to export. The system will generate two files. The .lmmd file is the MMD data package containing motion, camera, and music data, and the _ Thumb video file is a video preview of the package;
- After the export is complete, you can click Upload in the upper left corner of the Lasagna main interface and upload the file you just exported. Here, “file” refers to the exported .lmmd file, and “previewing video” is the exported video preview. You will also need to upload a self-made square picture as your cover image to help you identify the MMD file.
- After uploading, please allow the system to finish reviewing the material. Then you can see your data package in your assets!
- Click video export, and select the quality of the exported video; the max resolution and frame rate supported are 4k 60 frames;
- Fill in the copyright information, and select "I have read and agreed to the Terms of Service”. The requirements for copyright information are the same as above.
- Wait for the words "Export Successful" to appear. The video export is complete; click Confirm to return to the main page of Lasagna and click Show in explorer to go directly to the save folder.